Looking for Office as a one-time purchase?
Compatible with Windows 10, Office 2019 for Mac is compatible with the latest three versions of macOS.
Office 2007, Office for Mac 2008, Office 2010, Office for Mac 2011, Office 2013, and Office 2016 applications can open your documents without any additional action.
Internet access is required to install and activate all the latest releases of Office suites and all Office 365 subscription plans. For Office 365 plans, Internet access is also needed to manage your subscription account, for example to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access is also required to access documents stored on OneDrive, unless you install the OneDrive desktop app. You should also connect to the Internet regularly to keep your version of Office up to date and benefit from automatic upgrades. If you do not connect to the Internet at least every 39 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print your documents, but cannot edit the documents or create new ones. To reactivate your Office applications, reconnect to the Internet.
OneDrive is an online storage service that you can use to store documents, notes, photos, music, videos, or other types of files. With OneDrive you can access your files from nearly any device and you can share them with others. Sign up for OneDrive.
Yes. Documents that you have created belong fully to you. You can choose to store them online on OneDrive or locally on your PC or Mac. Learn what happens if you cancel your subscription.
With Skype you can make calls over the Internet through your computer, mobile phone, and other devices. Call, video call, and instant message other people with a Skype account for free, or you can use Skype minutes to call friends or family whether they have a Skype account or not on their mobile phone or landline.
Your Microsoft account can have only one subscription associated with it. If you use the same Microsoft account to buy or redeem multiple Office 365 subscriptions, you extend the amount of time for your subscription, up to a maximum of 5 years. Note that doing so does not increase the number of devices that you can install Office on or increase the amount of online storage that is available with the subscription.
- If you purchased a recurring billing subscription from Microsoft via MicrosoftStore.com or Office.com, you have two options for cancelling:
- You can cancel online by visiting www.office.com/myaccount and turning off the recurring billing option in the payment and billing area. With this approach, your subscription will automatically expire when your remaining subscription time is up.
- To cancel immediately, contact Microsoft support and request an immediate cancellation.
- If you purchased a recurring billing subscription from Apple via the iTunes Store, you will need to cancel your subscription with Apple. Learn more.
- If you purchased a recurring billing subscription from another retailer, you may have to cancel your subscription with that retailer. You can confirm this by visiting www.office.com/myaccount and looking in the payment and billing area. If you see "Purchased from [Retailer Name]", you will need to cancel your subscription with that retailer.
1 Classic versions of the Office application versions.