Microsoft Project offers flexible licensing for online and on-premises solutions for project portfolio management and everyday work, enabling you to effectively execute and achieve strategic priorities.
Project cloud-based solutions are licensed on a per-user basis. You can purchase them as standalone plans or as an additional service with Office 365 plans. Learn more about Project cloud-based solutions licensing details.
- Project Online Premium enables organizations to get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere.
- Project Online Professional keeps your projects, resources, and teams organized and on track. Easily and efficiently plan projects, track status, and collaborate with others from virtually anywhere.
- Project Online Essentials provides the capabilities needed for team members to manage tasks, submit timesheets, and collaborate with colleagues.
Project solutions for on-premises are available through Microsoft Volume Licensing. Project Server 2016 is licensed using a Server/C A L (Client Access License) model. Microsoft project & Portfolio Management solutions require a Project Server 2016 license for each running instance of the software, and Client Access Licenses are required for each person or device accessing a Project Server. Learn more about Project Server licensing.
- Project Server 2016 helps organizations get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value.
- Project Server C A L 2016 is required for each user or device accessing Project Server 2016.
- Project Professional 2016 enables you to collaborate with others to easily start and deliver winning projects. Includes a Project Server 2016 C A L.
- Project Standard 2016 enables you to keep projects organized and on track.
If you are purchasing fewer than five copies of Project Professional 2016 or Project Standard 2016, you may purchase them through resellers and retailers, such as the Microsoft Store.
General Terms and Conditions: Your use of Project is governed by your license with Microsoft. For licenses acquired through Volume Licensing, the terms and conditions for how you can use the software are defined in the Services Provider Use Rights (SPUR) and the Product List documents. For copies of Project purchased through retailers, you must accept the End User License Agreement.
- Find information on additional products required with Project Server as part of the Systems Requirements in the Microsoft Software License Dependency Reference Guide.
- View features available in Microsoft Project, for both Project Online and on-premises.
- Find IT pro resources you will need to try Project 2016 on-premises, including details about installation, upgrade, migration, and services.