It's your data
- You own your data and retain all rights, title, and interest in the data you store with Office 365.
- You can download a copy of all of your data at any time and for any reason, without any assistance from Microsoft.
- Exchange Online data, including emails, calendar appointments, contacts, and tasks, can be downloaded to a local computer by any end user at any time via the Import and Export wizards.
- SharePoint Online documents can be downloaded at any time from the workspace into your local computer.
- Vanity domain names such as contoso.com can be removed by following the Domain Removal instructions in Office 365 Help.
- To download a copy of end-user metadata (such as email address, first and last name, and other data), you can use PowerShell command let, including the Get-MsolUser Windows PowerShell command let for Office 365. If you use Exchange Online, you can also use the Get-MailUser and Get-User Exchange PowerShell commands.
- Upon expiration or termination of your Office 365 subscription or contract, Microsoft will provide you, by default, additional limited access for 90 days to export your data.
Was this information helpful?
Great! Any other feedback?
How can we improve it?
Please fill in the feedback field before sending!
Thank you for your feedback!