Office 365 Nonprofit
Get the tools your nonprofit needs to succeed
Accomplish more in the cloud
Security, compliance, and privacy
- Register with the Microsoft Nonprofits program.
- If eligibility is confirmed, Office 365 Nonprofit offers will become available in the Office 365 admin portal.
- Go to the License Management tab in the admin portal to assign your users to any of the Office 365 Nonprofit offers, including the donated E1 and Business Essential offers.
Yes. A customer that has become eligible for Office 365 Nonprofit offers can purchase both commercial and nonprofit offers going forward.
- Providing relief to the poor.
- Advancing education.
- Improving social welfare.
- Preserving culture.
- Preserving or restoring the environment.
- Promoting human rights.
- Establishing civil society.
Microsoft works with its software donation partner TechSoup Global to determine if a nonprofit fits its broad eligibility requirements. We strive to make eligibility determinations as quickly as possible, and the process can take up to 20 business days. This timeframe can vary depending on nonprofit responsiveness to requests for additional documentation. Required documentation may include the certification or registration provided the nonprofit’s governing body. For example, in the U.S. we require a copy of the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter.
Nonprofit offers are intended only for paid nonprofit employees, and unpaid full-time equivalent (FTE) staff who have material day-to-day managerial, operational, and fiduciary responsibilities, and who will not use the license for personal income generation. Volunteers, members and beneficiaries of the nonprofit are NOT eligible for nonprofit licenses and subscriptions.