Are you ready to host large-scale virtual presentations?
Large-scale virtual meetings have unique needs and considerations that your IT team should keep in mind to ensure you can deliver a high-quality virtual experience. Beyond selecting the right virtual meeting software, what does your IT department need to do to ensure successful large-scale virtual presentations?
Identify what type of virtual meeting solution you need
First, know when to use a large-scale virtual meeting over other video meeting solutions, so your IT team isn’t tasked with preparing unnecessary technology.
If you require a large-scale solution for your virtual meeting, there are some important factors your IT team needs to consider—such as location logistics and broadcast bandwidth—to ensure a high-quality experience for everyone.
Presentation location logistics
Ensure your selected location has all the necessary elements to support all your technical needs during the presentation. Look for things like:
- Internet/Wi-Fi strength.
- Computer availability and features (webcams, etc.).
- Installed software updates (to avoid last-minute downloads).
- Number of outlets, extra Internet connections and other connectivity considerations.
- Space for extra people, cameras and equipment to ensure there’s room for someone from your IT team to be on-site for support during the presentation.
Best broadcast bandwidth
Both weeks before and the day of the presentation, check to ensure that your company’s Internet connection is strong enough to broadcast in high definition. This is important for two reasons: broadcasting and streaming. For example, if people on location will be tuning in virtually, will broadcasting bog down their viewing experience? Is your network able to support large-scale, concurrent sessions or might you need a software-based media distribution solution? While there’s no way you can manage offsite attendee’s bandwidth, you can make sure that the Internet used to broadcast your virtual meeting is ready for the task.
The ultimate meeting guide
Learn how to effectively and efficiently create the best possible meetings for your organization.Get the eBook
Other important considerations
While not necessarily your IT department’s responsibilities, there are a number of different parts of a large-scale broadcast which might affect your team’s ability to successfully broadcast a large-scale presentation.
- Camera quality—Whether you’re broadcasting with a built-in webcam or an external device, look for a high-quality camera that shoots in HD.
- Sound quality—Unbalanced or extreme sound fluctuations distract audiences. Your IT department can help by researching the best mics available and ensuring that none of the other technology in the room will distract from the broadcast.
Broadcast meetings are a great format for getting messages out to large audiences, no matter where they are. But low-quality presentations are a surefire way to lose attendee attention. Equipped to reach up to 10,000 attendees in a secure and familiar platform, Skype Meeting Broadcast puts two paramount features first: ease of use and meeting quality. By mastering professional-quality broadcast techniques, you can create engaging online broadcasts for any audience.