6 slide presentation software tips to impress
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. The most memorable presentations are those that not only deliver powerful content—but also include visual appeal. Good slide presentation software should add that much-needed powerful and visual punch to your live presentation or video conferencing efforts so you can create unique storytelling opportunities that will captivate your audience, whether your deck will be client-facing, or you’re presenting internally.
A recent survey found that 70 percent of American workers agree that presentation skills are critical to their success at work. Yet, that same survey finds that workers’ skills may not be up to par, with nearly half of those surveyed (46 percent) admitting to dozing off and losing interest during work meetings and presentations. In order to compile a compelling presentation, you must first understand all that your slide presentation software has to offer. Today’s design tools and features are more impressive than ever. Here are six software must-haves to look for when choosing a product that’ll help you captivate your audience and design like a professional:
- Good "help" features—The future is boundless when it comes to advanced presentation software capabilities. Be sure to choose one with features that allow you to ask questions relating to your presentation. For example, if you are wanting to add specific images or any kind of animation, these innovative features should deliver several related options that will appear in a drop-down list.
- Smart search tools—Interested in adding more information to your presentation? Look for good tools that are designed to offer additional creative inspiration on the spot. For example, the ability to simply highlight a keyword and click to utilize the search-powered software and pull up results from the web and Wikipedia, all while your presentation remains open. These innovative features are not only helpful but time-saving.
Bring your data to life
Your data can do a lot for your business, so why not let it? Power BI can help you interpret, present, and act on business data–fast. Here is what you will learn and other features ready to help you work faster and smarter.
- Video conferencing capabilities—Video conferencing is not only cost effective, but also serves as an efficient and time-saving presentation solution. Make sure your video conferencing features are designed to pair perfectly with your business presentation software.
- Real-time co-authoring—Looking to share your presentation so your team or audience can make comments or ask questions? By simply uploading your presentation to file sharing systems, you can allow users to do just that. Look for features that allow you to share your project on popular collaboration tools like SharePoint, OneDrive, or OneDrive for Business. This allows you to invite people to share your project, while allowing collaborators varying levels of access to your presentation.
- Interesting transitions—With employees spending nearly one-third of their time at work attending meetings and watching presentations, it’s easy for them to tune out. Creating slide transitions that engage is critical to the success of any presentation. Be sure to choose software that offers eye-catching transition features, like ones that make your objects appear animated as they fade in and out of the frame, for example. Morph transitioning can mean the difference between an engaging presentation and an ordinary one.
- Visual uniformity—While the latest business presentation software offers innovative design options like never before, the basic guidelines for a powerful presentation still apply:
- Use text size of at least 25.
- Use uniform font types and thickness.
- Keep your presentation to 10 lines per slide.
- Have a background that is uniform throughout and allows for optimal color contrast to deliver your message as clearly as possible.
- Make images as large as possible.
To discover all that your business presentation software can do, visit Microsoft PowerPoint and begin to create memorable presentations that are sure to captivate your audience.
For additional insights on how to effectively and efficiently create the best possible meetings for your organization, check out “The Ultimate Meeting Guide.”
Get started with Office 365
It’s the Office you know, plus the tools to help you work better together, so you can get more done—anytime, anywhere.Buy now
Sign up for updates
It's the Office you know, plus tools to help you work better together, so you can get more done-anytime, anywhere.