Office for I T
Explore Office technical information, programs, and services. Whether you’re an experienced I T pro or just getting started, find what you need to evaluate, set up, and use Office 365.
Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals
Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals, or MVPs, are community leaders who’ve demonstrated an exemplary commitment to helping others get the most out of their experience with Microsoft technologies.Learn more
Programs and services
Download Center for Office
Download Office tools, resources, and guidance for Office development from the Download Center.Go to Download
GitHub deployment scripts
A GitHub repository has been created with a collection of scripts and other projects to streamline the deployment process for Office 2016 and Office 365 ProPlus. I T Pros can find solutions that can make deploying and maintaining Office easier.Get the
Office Help & Training
Find helpful answers. Contact real people. Learn simpler ways to work.Find Office
Detailed resources and related programs
Learn how to develop apps for Office.Take
An event in which people meet to engage in collaborative programming.Learn
Office code samples
Get code samples for Office apps.Learn
Office Developer Documentation
For developers who need to understand Office 365 APIs and Office Add-ins.Learn
Dev Patterns and Practices
Presentations from the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) crew.Read
Office 365 Roadmap
The Office 365 Roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers.Learn
Microsoft Cloud Roadshow
A free, two-day technical training event for I T Professionals and Developers that provides best practices and insight directly from the experts who build and run the cloud services across Office 365, Microsoft Azure and Windows 10.Register for an
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to install when I sign up for Office 365?
You don't need to install anything in order to use Office 365. To help you easily connect your desktop version of the latest version of Office, Office 2013, Office 2010, or Office 2007 to Office 365, Microsoft provides Office 365 customers an installable piece of software—called “Office Desktop Setup”—at no charge.
Office Desktop Setup provides many benefits, including:
- Automatically detecting necessary updates.
- Installing updates and components upon approval or silently from a command line.
- Automatically configuring Outlook and Microsoft Skype for Business for use with Microsoft Office 365.
- Uninstalling itself from the client computer after running.
You can find and install Office Desktop Setup in your Office 365 administration center. If your plan includes a subscription to Office, you will also be able to install that directly from the Office 365 administration center.
For which languages is Office available?
Office is available in the languages listed below. Not all languages are available in all countries/regions.
- For PCs running Windows: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- For Mac: Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
How long does it take to download and install Office?
The actual download speed of Office depends on the speed of your Internet connection; a broadband Internet connection is recommended for the best download experience.
- All versions of the new Office for Windows PCs use a streaming technology that lets you begin to use Office applications before installation is complete.
Where can I get technical support?
Visit Microsoft Support for help on technical issues, including:
- Order status
- Product key
- Product activation
- Product use