Project cloud-based solutions are licensed on a per-user basis. You can purchase them as standalone plans or as an additional service with Office 365 plans. Learn more about Project cloud-based solutions licensing details.
- Project Online Premium enables organizations to get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere.
- Project Online Professional keeps your projects, resources, and teams organized and on track. Easily and efficiently plan projects, track status, and collaborate with others from virtually anywhere.
- Project Online Essentials1 provides the capabilities needed for team members to manage tasks, submit timesheets, and collaborate with colleagues.
Project solutions for on-premises are available through Microsoft Volume Licensing. Project Server 2019 is licensed using a Server/CAL (Client Access License) model. Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management solutions require a Project Server 2019 license for each running instance of the software, and CALs are required for each person or device accessing a Project Server. Learn more about Project Server licensing.
- Project Server 2019 helps organizations get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value.
- Project Server CAL 2019 is required for each user or device accessing Project Server 2019.
- Project Professional 2019 enables you to collaborate with others to easily start and deliver winning projects. Includes a Project Server 2019 CAL.
- Project Standard 2019 enables you to keep projects organized and on track.
If you are purchasing fewer than five copies of Project Professional 2019 or Project Standard 2019, you may purchase them through resellers and retailers, such as the Microsoft Store.
General Terms and Conditions: Your use of Project is governed by your license with Microsoft. For copies of Project purchased through retailers, you must accept the End User License Agreement.
- Find information on additional products required with Project Server as part of the Systems Requirements in the Microsoft Software License Dependency Reference Guide.
- View features available in Microsoft Project, for both Project Online and on premises.
- Find IT pro resources you will need to try Project 2019 on-premises, including details about installation, upgrade, migration, and services.