Try Office 365 for free
Get a free trial for up to six people and have premium, always up-to-date versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, plus 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
Credit card required to continue your Office 365 Home subscription for $99.99 per year after your 1-month trial. Cancel anytime. 1
The latest Office applications with exclusive features
Get Office 365 Home
Get one subscription for up to six people across all their devices.
The trial gives you access to all the features of Office 365 Home. It includes:
- Premium versions of Office apps (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook, plus Publisher and Access for Windows PCs).
- 1 TB of additional OneDrive cloud storage so you can save documents, photos, and videos online and access them from nearly anywhere.
- 60 Skype minutes that you can use to call mobile phones and landlines. See the list of countries/regions.
- Create or sign in with an existing Microsoft account. What is a Microsoft account?
- Provide payment information to enable future yearly payments. International credit cards and PayPal (in some markets) are accepted.
- The payment method you provide will be automatically charged at the end of your first free month to ensure that you do not experience any interruptions with your service. You can cancel online without penalty before your trial ends, by visiting www.office.com/myaccount and turning off recurring billing in the payment and billing area.
- Once your payment method is confirmed, you'll be transferred to www.office.com/myaccount to install Office.
Internet access is required to install and activate all the latest releases of Office suites and all Office 365 subscription plans. For Office 365 plans, internet access is also needed to manage your subscription account, for example to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access is also required to access documents stored on OneDrive, unless you install the OneDrive desktop app. You should also connect to the internet regularly to keep your version of Office up to date and benefit from automatic upgrades. If you do not connect to the internet at least every 31 days, your apps will go into reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print your documents, but cannot edit the documents or create new ones. To reactivate your Office apps, reconnect to the internet. You do not need to be connected to the internet to use the Office apps, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, because the apps are fully installed on your computer.
Office 365 supports PCs running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 and Macs running macOS 10.10 or greater.
Office 2019, a one-time purchase, supports PCs running Windows 10 and Macs running the latest three versions of macOS.
For more information, including requirements for Apple® and Android™ tablets, view full system requirements.
- Yes. Documents that you have created belong fully to you. You can choose to store them online on OneDrive or locally on your PC or Mac. Learn what happens if you cancel your subscription.
Your service will continue uninterrupted and your payment method will be automatically charged at the end of the trial, and then yearly thereafter. You do not need to re-install Office.
Not immediately. For example, if you had a trial of Office 365 Personal, you can’t sign up for a trial of Office 365 Home. However, one year after your trial or paid subscription ends, you can sign up for a new trial.
If you signed up for the trial on this page, visit www.office.com/myaccount and turn off the recurring billing option in the payment and billing area. With this approach, the trial will automatically expire when your month is finished and your credit card will not be charged.
1 You are asked to provide credit card information to help ensure that you do not experience any interruptions with your service once your trial ends. Your credit card will not be billed until the end of the trial period. You can cancel any time during the trial period by clicking Turn off recurring billing in My Account. If you do not wish to enter a credit card, sign up for a 1-month free trial here. Compatible with Windows 10 or macOS. See system requirements for full compatibility information and feature requirements.
iTunes, iPhone, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.